Individuals I Work With
Ask yourself these questions (or read about teams and organizations I work with here). If they resonate with you, then you are like the clients who have had excellent outcomes with me. The questions are based on the temperaments, position and and circumstances of the clients who have most loved having me work with them and their teams.
- A senior executive, investor, leader, start-up founder, senior creative, philanthropist, public figure, media personality or coach or therapist?
- So accomplished that people would be surprised to learn that you actually need support?
- Sometimes overwhelmed by your own creativity, intelligence and ability to innovate?
- Surprisingly loving and sensitive, even though people can find you a little intimidating?
- Deeply intrigued by your spiritual and emotional life, even though you are known for your accomplishments?
- Driven to have a positive impact on your community and world?
Lastly, do you sometimes worry that the capability, creativity and kindness that have brought you this far might somehow block you from what is next? Because my clients sometimes find there is a dark side to their incredible gifts…
Sometimes, the assets and strategies we have typically relied upon leave no room for the newer perspectives and behaviors that would take us to career and life’s next level and we end up less satisfied then we could be.
Do you sometimes feel:
- Alone and isolated with your leadership challenges–not to mention too busy to deal with them?
- Mired in power dynamics with your board, peers and reports while wishing you had more advanced communication and feedback skills?
- Less connected with your colleagues, partner, family and friends than you would like?
- Numb to the passions that must be inside you yet guilty for wanting a change?
- Trapped by needing to maintain your stratospheric level of status and performance?
- That loyalty to your family, mission and work stops you from asking anything for yourself?
If you can answer “yes” to any of these questions, you should get in touch and see if we should begin a process to discern if we should work together.
Click on the button above if you are like the clients I work best with who:
◆Don’t work with me because they need to but because they love to transform and grow. ◆Know the loneliness of the visionary who has outgrown their mentors and advisors. ◆Feel a keen sense of desire for legacy and positive impact. ◆Are very sophisticated in the breadth of their personal development. ◆Sometimes need support in their work and personal relationships. ◆Want to change and grow more quickly.
Teams And Organizations
How do you capture the authentic dedication of the people in your organization or team? How do you communicate well as a team when the tasks and projects suck all the time? How do you help your leaders, workers and customers to move towards their own sense of meaning and purpose? How do you communicate in ways that attract stakeholders because you connect with what they really care about?
An organization thrives when it is filled with and surrounded by energetic people who take personal responsibility for the organization’s mission. People dedicate themselves to a mission when it expresses their own values, responds to their needs, and gives them a sense of meaning and purpose. For these reasons, my work with organizations falls in three main areas:
- Understanding the values that give meaning and purpose to the lives of an organization’s leaders, workers and stakeholders.
- Surfacing and articulating missions, programs and activities that engage those values.
- Communicating the mission and activities in ways that connect to what stakeholders really care about.
- Understanding the needs of workers and balancing them with the needs of the organization.
Organizations I have assisted include:
IDEO, United Nations, Agent 16, Institute For Advanced Sustainability Studies, 350.org, Just Food, Transportation Alternatives, The Media Alliance, Asian Development Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, Natural Resources Defense Council, Sierra Club, Yes! Magazine, Huffington Post, NASA Space Center (Houston), Hawthorne Organics, Kwan Um School Of Zen, Natural Dharma Fellowship, The Omega Institute, US Green Building Council, The US Embassy in Guangzhou China, The City of Fort Collins, Hunter College, The New School, etc.